Thursday 29 December 2011

valentine flowers - Holiday Greetings Raise Ire


There’s a compelling article floating around the web these days titled, “Happy Holidays and Other Four-Letter Words.”  In it, the author (Jennifer McGrail) opines why holiday greetings have become so polarizing valentine flower, of late. Her bottom line (which coincidentally, I happen to agree with) asserts that, where holiday greetings are concerned, it behooves us to focus more on the spirit/intent and less on the actual semantics.

Her piece actually got me perseverating on the subject. So much so, that it led me to querying my Facebook friends in an attempt to solicit their opinions too. I posted:  “What camp are you?  Do you say, ‘Merry Christmas’ or ‘Happy Holidays?’ And why?” The post generated 46 impassioned valentine flower

No comments:

Post a Comment